Hurricanes are great as long as they are kept in song lyrics or as team names. Unfortunately, they can cause unspeakable damage to homes, businesses and when “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head”, floods can cause billions of dollars in losses. Of course, it’s not only hurricanes that cause flooding. Flooding occurs most commonly when “A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall” and when natural watercourses do not have the capacity to convey excess water. If you’re new to flood insurnace, here are a few things you need to know:
- Flooding happens in all 50 states
- Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause thousands of dollars in damages
- About a foot of water can move a car
- Only 6 inches of water can knock a person off their feet
- ‘Flash Floods’ often bring walls of water 10-20 feet high
The coverage that is available under a Standard National Flood Insurance Policy usually includes building and contents coverage. Replacement coverage is only available to select policies that must meet the following conditions:
1. Insured building must be a single family dwelling.
Preferred Risk Flood Policies were created for homeowners and tenants in low to moderate flood hazard areas. To qualify for a Preferred Risk Flood Policy, you need to own a one-to-four family dwelling or non-residential property in a low to moderate flood hazard area that meets certain requirements.
So, when your neighbors are asking, “Who’ll Stop the Rain?” you’ll be the one “Singin’ in the Rain” knowing your home and its contents are covered!
Contact us for all your Insurance needs! (321)725-1620